Mountain Bike Z-Rings:
The next step in 1X.? As you consider the 36 tooth single chainrings in Narrow-Wide, think one step better with WickWerks Z-Rings. The “Z” is Narrow-Wide Enhanced — enhanced function for installation, enhanced durability, enhanced fun!
Mountain Bike Z-Rings are available in these sizes:
For a more information about Z-Rings, Z-Technology, or about Z-Best 1X chainrings, Read This.
Z-Technology MTB Single, 36 Tooth Chainring:
– CNC, High Strength 7075-T6 Aluminum
– MIL Spec. Type 3 True Hard Anodize
– Weight 45 g
– BCD 104 mm, 4-bolt “Compact” Fits most standard MTB Cranks.
– 9, 10 and 11 Speed Compatible
Perfect for Conversion to 1X:
– To convert from a mountain triple (3X) or double (2X), use our Crank Conversion Tabs, or a compatible bash guard. Either the bash guard or conversion tabs will take the place of the original large ring.
– See the “Conversions” link up near the “Description” tab above.
Mountain Bike 36 Tooth Z-Rings
These 36t rings will fit a standard Mountain Bike 104 mm BCD, 4 bolt crank. Some cranks with this bolt circle are configured triple rings; Some for a double — Both will work fine with these Z-Rings as a simple conversion to a single chainring (1X) drivetrain.
Converting from a Triple: The standard MTB triple has 3 chainrings like this Triple Set, but it can be converted to single, with Z-Rings and these Conversion Tabs without buying a new crank. Get your Z-rings (see sizes above) with the Conversion Spacer Tabs – or use a bash guard to replace the large ring. Either way, converting to a Z-Ring single is easy and does NOT require a new crank!
Converting from a 2×10: Check the bolt pattern of your mountain bike 2×10 first — make sure it is the 104 BCD. Z-Rings will fit fine with almost any 104 mm bolt circle. They take the place of the original 2×10 large ring. Select your rings here, or from the size list above. If the crank is compatible, the conversion that does NOT require a new crank!