Mountain Bike Z-Rings:
Thinking about a change to 1X? Or and upgraded 34t chainring? Considering Narrow-Wide? We have one step better for you in the WickWerks Z-Ring. This is Narrow-Wide Enhanced — enhanced installation ease, enhanced durability, enhanced pleasure!
Mountain Bike Z-Rings are available in these sizes:
For a more info about Z-Rings, about Z-Technology, or about Z-Best 1X chainrings, Read Here.
Z-Technology MTB Single, 34 Tooth Chainring:
– CNC, High Strength 7075-T6 Aluminum
– MIL Spec. Type 3 True Hard Anodize
– Weight 43 g
– BCD 104 mm, 4-bolt “Compact” Fits most standard MTB Cranks.
– 9, 10, 11 & 12 Speed Compatible
Perfect for Conversion to 1X:
– To convert from a mountain triple (3X) or double (2X), use our Crank Conversion Tabs, or a compatible bash guard. Either the bash guard or conversion tabs will take the place of the original large ring.
– See the “Conversions” link up above near the “Description” tab.
Mountain Bike 34 Tooth Z-Rings
These 34t rings are designed for a 104 mm BCD, 4 bolt crank attachment – like on a standard mountain bike compact crank. Some cranks with this bolt circle are made for a triple; Some are made for a double — Both will work fine with these new Z-Rings for a simple conversion to 1X.
Converting from a Triple: The standard mountain bike triple crank has 3 chainrings like our Triple Set, but if you prefer a single, like many people, Z-Rings can make the conversion to 1X without buying a new crank. Get these rings (see sizes above) with the Conversion Spacer Tabs – or use a bash guard to replace the large ring. Either way, converting from a triple to a Z-Ring single is simple and does NOT require a new crank!
Converting from a 2×10: Check the bolt pattern of your mountain bike 2×10 first — make sure it is the 104 BCD. Z-Rings will fit fine with almost any 104 mm BCD bolt circle crankset. They take the place of the original 2×10 large ring. Select your rings here, or from the size list above. It’s an easy conversion that does NOT require a new crank!