Mountain Bike Z-Rings:
WickWerks Z-Rings are the new 1X — with an advanced and new Narrow-Wide technology. We have gone one step better. Z-Rings are Narrow-Wide Enhanced — Enhanced for easy installation, Enhanced wear characteristics, Enhanced fun!
Mountain Bike Z-Rings are available in these sizes:
For a lot more info on Z-Rings, Z-Technology, and Z-Best 1X chainrings, Read This.
Z-Technology MTB Single, 32 Tooth Chainring:
– CNC, High Strength 7075-T6 Aluminum
– MIL Spec. Type 3 True Hard Anodize
– Weight 36 g
– BCD 104 mm, 4-bolt “Compact” Fits most standard MTB Cranks.
– 9, 10 and 11 Speed Compatible
Perfect for Conversion to 1X:
– To convert from a mountain triple (3X) or double (2X), use our Crank Conversion Tabs, or a compatible bash guard. Either the bash guard or conversion tabs will take the place of the original large ring.
– See the “Conversions” link up above near the “Description” tab.
Mountain Single 32 Tooth Z-Rings
These rings are designed to fit on a 104 mm BCD, 4 bolt, mountain crank – like on most standard mountain bikes. Some cranks with this bolt circle are made for a triple; Some are made for a double — Both will work fine with these new Z-Rings as a simple conversion to a single, 1X drivetrain.
From a Triple: The standard mountain bike triple crank has 3 chainrings like our Triple Set, but if you prefer a mountain single, like many people, these Z-Rings can make the conversion without buying a new crank. Get these rings (see sizes above) with the Conversion Spacer Tabs – or use a bash guard to replace the large ring. Either way, converting from a triple to a Z-Ring single is simple and does NOT require a new crank!
From a 2×10: Check the bolt pattern of your 2×10 first — make sure it is 104mm BCD. If it is, these Z-Rings will bolt right up without any trouble. They go in place of the current 2×10 big ring. Just select your rings size (see the Z-Ring sizes above). It’s a simple conversion to mountain single that does NOT require a new crank!