Mountain Bike Z-Rings:
Thinking about a change to 1X? Considering Narrow-Wide? We have one step better for you in the WickWerks Z-Ring. This is Narrow-Wide Enhanced — enhanced installation flexibility, enhanced durability, enhanced fun!
Mountain Bike Z-Rings are available in these sizes:
For a more info on Z-Rings, Z-Technology, and Z-Best 1X chainrings, Read This.
Z-Technology MTB Single, 30 Tooth Chainring:
– CNC, High Strength 7075-T6 Aluminum
– MIL Spec. Type 3 True Hard Anodize
– Weight 50 g
– BCD 64 mm, 4-bolt “Compact” Fits most standard MTB Cranks equipped with a small ring.
– 9, 10, 11 & 12 Speed Compatible
Perfect for Conversion to 1X:
– To convert from a mountain triple (3X) or double (2X), simply attach the 30t Z-Ring on the small ring studs, 64 mm BCD (usually used by the smallest chainring).
– Also see the “Conversions” tab above next to “Description”.
Mountain Bike 30t Single Chainring
These rings are designed to mount in the small ring position of a standard mountain bike crank and the chainring includes some offset for chain line correction (as can be seen in the images above). Using the 64mm mounting location instead of the 104mm BCD makes the ring stronger, and lets the chain avoid issues of interaction with the crank arms like other popular 30t single chainrings.
WickWerks 30t single chainring offers the same advantages for chain retention, increased durability and flexible tooth location as do the larger Z-Ring sizes. These particular rings are intended for converting from a mountain triple or a mountain double (2X) to a Z-Ring 1X single. It’s a simple conversion that does NOT require a new crank!