The Fit Link
As a new and better approach to meeting governing body gearing requirements for Junior road races, the Fit Link is as an integral component in “The Junior’s Solution”. The Fit Link provides a way for mounting a braze-on style Front Derailleur to accommodate smaller front chainrings — it is an adapter that allows a sure footed mounting to and below a bicycle frame braze-on tab. The Fit Link simply mounts to the existing braze-on tab, then the front derailleur mounts to the Fit Link.
A Component Of The WickWerks Junior’s Solution
– CNC Aluminum
– Full Anodize
– Stainless Steel Bolts (3 included)
– Weight 19 g (including Bolts)
– Bikes w/ Braze-On Front Derailleur Mounting Tab (Typically Road Bikes)
– Works with most road bike models from most manufacturers having a braze-on front derailleur tab.
– 10 & 11 Speed Compatible
– WickWerks does not guarantee fit on all bikes. The frame braze-on tab can be different, and mounted different on various bikes. If your bike was made for 50t – 54t rings, then the adapter will usually work just fine for the 41/33 tooth junior road rings.
– Some bike frames flair out very wide just below the braze-on tab. Some of these bikes have proven more difficult to mount the lowered derailleur on.
– Di2 front derailleurs are now compatible with the Fit Link!!! Select the Di2 adapter.
– For some frame and front derailleur combinations, long cages may interfere with frame chain stays when the front derailleur is lowered to work with the 41T chainring. If this happens, use a shorter cage front derailleur. A good one (made by Microshift) is available from Gevenalle.
Most people don’t need smaller front chainrings on their road bikes, so derailleur position is not an issue. Bikes are typically made for standard size road rings and the braze-on tab is made to adjust for typical sizes. That works great for most, but the special case of Juniors in sanctioned road racing, it can be difficult. That is why WickWerks created “The Junior’s Solution”.
Of course, the typical approach for juniors is a 52 up front and a special “Junior Cassette” in the back to meet the rules. This approach works for the rules, but leaves some difficulties in other areas. WickWerks now presents a different, arguably better solution for many juniors and many situations. Read the full details in this article, and get your complete setup, 41/33 chainrings and the Fit-Link here.