42 Tooth Z-Rings Made For ‘Cross:
The new Z-Ring technology is available as a 1X for Cyclocross — and now 42 Tooth. The “Z-Ring” title comes because of the unique characteristics that make them the next step forward. The “Z” is Narrow-Wide Enhanced — Enhanced for easy installation; Enhanced for chain handling, and Enhanced for durability — all to Enhance your fun!
Cyclocross Z-Rings are available in these configurations:
- 38 Tooth – 110 mm BCD – for Traditional 5-Bolt Mounting and Sram 22 5-Bolt, plus Shimano Road/CX 4-Bolt.
- 40 Tooth – 110 mm BCD – for Traditional 5-Bolt Mounting and Sram 22 5-Bolt, plus Shimano Road/CX 4-Bolt.
- 42 Tooth – 110 mm BCD – for Traditional 5-Bolt Mounting and Sram 22 5-Bolt, plus Shimano Road/CX 4-Bolt.
For a lot more information about Z-Rings, Z-Technology, and Z-Best 1X Chainrings, check out the Full Product Explanation.
Z-Technology Cyclocross Single, 42 Tooth Chainring:
– CNC, High Strength 7075-T6 Aluminum
– MIL Spec. Type 3 True Hard Anodize
– Weight 65 g
Compatibility (see options):
– 110 mm BCD, 5-bolt “Compact” Fits most standard Road/CX cranks.
– SRAM 22 style, 110 mm BCD, 5-bolt (5th bolt behind the arm) Road/CX cranks.
– Shimano, 110 mm BCD, 4-bolt Road/CX cranks.
– 10 and 11 Speed Compatible
Perfect for Conversion to 1X:
– To convert from a double (2X) to a single (1X), Use the Shorty Bolts, or use our Conversion Tabs. Optionally, a compatible bash guard may be used in place of the original large ring.
42 Tooth Singles for Cyclocross
The new 42 tooth Z-rings fit many standard 110 mm BCD cranks. Select the crank style in the options pull-down menu above. The Z-Rings are made for conversion, so they work on most cranks with a 110 mm bolt circle. It’s a simple conversion that will make a double into a single ring (1X) drivetrain.
Converting from a double: Check the crank bolt pattern to be sure of a compatible configuration in 110 BCD. Order correct rings by selecting the correct option in the pull-down menu above. If you prefer to use Conversion Tabs, order those and standard length bolts. If you prefer to mount the Z-Rings directly to the crank tabs, get a set of the Shorty Bolts. If the crank is compatible, the conversion does NOT require a new crank!