1X is the hot topic for Cyclocross, and the WickWërks Z-Rings are the next leap forward. The “Z” is Narrow-Wide Extended — extended function for installation flexibility, extended durability, extended fun!
Cyclocross Z-Rings are available in these configurations:
- 38 Tooth – 110 mm BCD – for Traditional 5-Bolt Mounting, Sram 22 5-Bolt, and Shimano Road/CX 4-Bolt.
- 40 Tooth – 110 mm BCD – for Traditional 5-Bolt Mounting, Sram 22 5-Bolt, and Shimano Road/CX 4-Bolt.
- 42 Tooth – 110 mm BCD – for Traditional 5-Bolt Mounting, Sram 22 5-Bolt, and Shimano Road/CX 4-Bolt.
For a lot more information about Z-Rings, Z-Technology, and Z-Best 1X Chainrings, check out the Full Product Explanation.
Z-Technology Cyclocross Single, 38 Tooth Chainring:
– CNC, High Strength 7075-T6 Aluminum
– MIL Spec. Type 3 True Hard Anodize
– Weight 56 g
Compatibility (see options):
– 110 mm BCD, 5-bolt “Compact” Fits most standard Road/CX cranks.
– SRAM 22 style, 110 mm BCD, 5-bolt (5th bolt behind the arm) Road/CX cranks.
– Shimano, 110 mm BCD, 4-bolt Road/CX cranks.
– 10 and 11 Speed Compatible
Perfect for Conversion to 1X:
The New Cyclocross 1X 38 Tooth Singles – The Z-Rings
These 38t rings will fit many of the standard cranks in a 110 mm BCD configuration. Select your crank option above. Most cranks with this bolt circle are configured for a pair of rings (2X), but these Z-Rings are made for conversion and will work on most existing cranks. It’s a simple conversion to a single chainring (1X) drivetrain.
Converting from a double: Check the bolt pattern of your crank first — make sure it is the 110 BCD in one of the compatible configurations listed above. Order the right rings using the options for selecting your crank. If you prefer to use Conversion Tabs, order those and standard length bolts. If you prefer to mount the Z-Rings directly, get a set of the Shorty bolts to attach them. If the crank is compatible, the conversion does NOT require a new crank!